Official title of the event: What Is Love? Romance Fiction in the Digital Age
Dates: Tuesday, February 10 – Wednesday, February 11
Location: The Library of Congress in Washington, DC (101 Independence Ave Southeast)
- The event is hosted by the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress. Harlequin, a division of HarperCollins Publishers, is the lead sponsor. Additional support is provided by the Popular Romance Project; the Nora Roberts Foundation; the Romance Writers of America; and Berkley/NAL, imprints of Penguin Random House.
- A sneak-review screening of “Love Between the Covers,” a documentary exploring the global community of romance, will occur on February 10
- Bestselling Harlequin romance authors Robyn Carr & Brenda Jackson will be participating in the ‘Community and the Romance Genre’ panel along with Sarah Wendell (Smart Bitches, Trashy Books), Anne Jamison (Associate Professor of English, University of Utah) and Allison Kelly (Executive Director, Romance Writers of America).
- Editorial Director of Carina Press, Angela James, will be participating in the ‘Trending Now: Where is Romance Fiction Headed in the Digital Age?’ along with Dominique Raccah (CEO, Sourcebooks) Liliana Hart (Author, self-published) Jon Fine (Former Director of Author and Publisher Relations, Amazon) Claire Zion (Editor, Penguin Random House).
- Schedule of events: http://loc.gov/today/pr/2015/15-007.html
The conference and film screening are free and open to the public; attendees are asked to register at www.popularromanceproject.org/prp-conference.